We just released updates to our Crisp & Sidebar designs, and we want to show them off to you! Watch our webinar above, which showcases the latest design, demos how to leverage the design and answers common questions.
What features have been added?
- Video Playback: The highlight reel now supports video playback! If a video is within the first 8 media assets it will populate within the highlight reel. Auto play will occur on desktop devices and tap-to-play on mobile devices. Additionally, it’s important to note that there is a design option to only show 1 media asset in the highlight reel. If you have that option selected and a video is your first asset, the highlight reel will play your video.
- Panorama: We’ve added panorama support to Crisp & Sidebar. If you have a panorama in your tour, it will populate in the new panorama tab of Crisp & Sidebar.
- Fonts & Colors: You can now customize fonts & colors in Crisp & Sidebar designs to replicate brokerage firms, match your company’s theme or craft your own unique combination. Over 30 different fonts to choose from!
- Video Slideshow Mode: Enabling ‘Video Slideshow Mode’ will provide ‘Ken Burns Effect’ transitions to the ‘Highlight Reel’ and the gallery ‘Slideshow’. This is a visually aesthetic touch that brings a sense of motion and life to an otherwise static image.
- Finally, we have added the ability for each media asset to have its own narration track. Click ‘Play Slideshow’ in the gallery tab to experience.
Why aren't my "Gallery only" images showing up within this design?
Within Crisp & Sidebar the menu (navigation) item that is labeled "Gallery" is just a heading title. It could be labeled images, media, etc. That feature of Crisp & Sidebar contains a grid of all images that are being used in the tour - the same images that are in the slideshow. With our Flash based designs, such as International, we have a “Gallery” feature that has the ability to contain different media assets than the slideshow.
At this point, Crisp & Sidebar do not have separate classification and / or presentation area for images that are
- Always Visible
- Never Visible
- Gallery only
Crisp is not timeline based and is more of a website layout which works a little differently. The word "Gallery" is simply a term used for that specific tab to indicate "this is where the images are." Since users are already immediately brought to the "gallery" before they can even see the slideshow, only those images marked as "both virtual tour and gallery" will be here.
Why aren't my images appearing in the correct order on the Gallery page?
This is usually a result of images not all being the same exact size. The Gallery use a web display style called a Masonry grid display in the gallery. Masonry works by placing images in optimal positions based on available vertical space, sort of like a mason fitting stones in a wall. Essentially, it aligns and displays images in a way to eliminate gaps or odd looking placement by putting them as close together as possible. In doing this, the images may be rearranged to maintain a clean viewing experience.