Being able to provide a URL unique to the property address is becoming more and more popular. It makes it easy for buyers to find additional information on the listing, and also provides that extra special touch for winning your clients. This is why Tourbuzz has an easy way for you to accomplish this and provide this service to your clients.
Here are the steps you'll want to follow:
- Buy a domain (via a third party service such as GoDaddy or Name Cheap)
- Set the nameservers for that domain to:
- Wait between 10-30 minutes for the nameservers to update across the internet (occasionally, but not often, this can take up to an hour**).
- Login to Tourbuzz and click Edit next to the tour
- In the Info Tab, find the field called "Custom Tour Domain"
5. Select "Use Custom Tour Domain," enter the domain (leave out the www., only entering the domain itself, such as 123mainstreet.com) and check the box for MLS/IDX-Compliant
6. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click save
**If you receive an error message that it has not been setup properly, it could be that it is taking longer than usual for the nameservers to propagate across the web. If this happens, make sure to try again a little later, and you should be good to go!
Below is an example of how to set nameservers for a domain name registered with GoDaddy:
- Log in to your Account Manager with GoDaddy
- Click on Domains, then click Manage DNS
- Scroll down to Nameservers and click Change
- Select Custom from the drop-down, enter in the new nameservers, & Save
- Go Back to your Tourbuzz Account and enter the domain name (copy/paste to reduce errors) into the tour per the instructions above. This is a vital step. If you don't do this, you may see this error message.
- Wait 10-30 minutes