At Tourbuzz, we realize the importance of white-labeling your products that are being delivered to your customers. Doing this keeps everything clean and as if everything is coming from one place - your photography company! This is why we have two ways to accomplish this:
There are several benefits of using your own custom domain (ex. tours.mydomain.com) within Tourbuzz. Setting this up gives you the ability to brand all of your tour links, and client panel with your company name, logo, and colors. This way, everything looks like it is coming from you! As GoDaddy is one of the more popular domain hosts, we’ve used them as an example on what you will need to do to get setup.
Add a CNAME Record: (GoDaddy Example)
1) Log in to your account at www.godaddy.com by clicking Sign In at the top right.
2) In the drop down under your name, click Manage My Domains
3) Find the domain you will be using with Tourbuzz and click the 'Settings Gear' icon in the top right corner of this domain then Manage DNS.
4) Under Records, click Add in the bottom right. If you've already created a CNAME record for the address, you can click the Pencil icon to the right of it to edit.
5) Select CNAME from the dropdown.
6) Complete the following fields and click Save:
- Host — Enter the subdomain name for the alias assignment. Type "tours" (no quotes).
- If you are coming from another tour vendor and are using a custom domain with them, make sure you use a different host name (such as tour or virtualtours); otherwise, your old tours with them will no longer work.
- Points to — Enter the host name you want the alias to point to. Type "tour.tourbuzz.net" (no quotes) to map the alias directly to your domain name.
- TTL — Leave this setting the same.
7) Contact TourBuzz to finish the set up: email@example.com
If you do not have your own domain or do not wish to utilize your own custom domain, we have 3 house domain that are available for you to use:
1) To update your account to use one of these, you’ll want to go to My Account > Account Settings, then scroll down to the Tour Setup section.
2) Within the Custom Tour Domain settings, you’ll have the option to Use sub-domain:
3) By default, your company name will appear in the text field (ex. cxg-testing). Feel free to change this to whatever you would like.
** if another company is already using this subdomain, an error will appear when trying to save and you’ll need to choose a different option or select a different house domain from the dropdown.
4) In the dropdown, you’ll also be able to select which of our house domains you would like to use.
5) Once you’ve made your selections, scroll to the bottom and save. Your admin panel, client panel, and tour links will now reflect this new subdomain (ie. cxg-testing.seehouseat.com)
Network Solutions: http://www.networksolutions.com/support/cname-records-host-aliases-2/
If you were looking for instructions on how to setup a single-use domain (123mainstreet.com) Click here for instructions.