HOW TO SET UP A DOMAIN TO HOST ALL YOUR TOURS (TOURS.YOURDOMAIN.COM):
TourBuzz gives you the ability to brand all of your tour links, and client panel with your company name, logo, and colors. To do this, you will need to setup a CNAME in your domain host. Both you and your customer have the ability to do this.
Below are screenshots and a walkthrough to set this up with GoDaddy. At the bottom of the page, you'll find some other host specific instructions.
If you do not see instructions for your host or have any questions setting up your CNAME, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To Add a CNAME Record: (GoDaddy Example)
1) Log in to your account at www.godaddy.com by clicking Sign In at the top right.
2) In the drop down under your name, click Manage My Domains
3) Find the domain you will be using with Tourbuzz and click the 'Settings Gear' icon in the top right corner of this domain then Manage DNS.
4) Under Records, click Add in the bottom right. If you've already created a CNAME record for the address, you can click the Pencil icon to the right of it to edit.
5) Select CNAME from the dropdown.
6) Complete the following fields and click Save:
- Host — Enter the subdomain name for the alias assignment. Type "tours" (no quotes).
- Points to — Enter the host name you want the alias to point to. Type "tour.tourbuzz.net" (no quotes) to map the alias directly to your domain name.
- TTL — Leave this setting the same.
7) Contact TourBuzz to finish the set up: email@example.com
Network Solutions: http://www.networksolutions.com/support/cname-records-host-aliases-2/
If you were looking for instructions on how to setup a single-use domain (123mainstreet.com) Click here for instructions.